As an agency-side marketer, I feel lucky to have exposure to all the latest developments in digital marketing, since so much happens in this wacky industry on a daily basis that we need to be knowledgeable about and implement for our clients. And 2014 definitely kept us on our toes:
- Search Mojo rebranded into Marketing Mojo, reflecting a shift in focus that occurred for many other search agencies.
- Google released the new Pigeon algorithm update and rolled out an end-of-year update to Penguin.
- Matt Cutts put the kibosh on guest blogging as a link building tactic.
- Google killed Authorship.
- Facebook updated its news feed. Then updated it again. And again.
This isn’t even a sliver of all the changes that rocked digital marketing in 2014! So how are you going to prepare for a brand new year of changes? No matter what your goals are for next year, this roundup of posts will help you get back in the driver’s seat and get your digital marketing strategy on track for 2015.