Historically, B2B marketers have either the volume or the quality, but not both. But, we have discovered that it is possible to have your cake and eat it too when it comes to driving a volume of high-quality leads. The key to doing this starts with advertising on LinkedIn Ads and including the content marketer’s best lead volume generator — the white paper.
LinkedIn Ads has a reputation for being expensive on a cost-per-click basis, and by comparison to other online ad platforms, the costs per click are exponentially higher. Cost per click is the wrong metric to focus on because the conversion rates delivered by LinkedIn Ads (when executed with best practices) are exponentially higher than other channels and the low costs per lead make you forget how much the clicks cost.
What’s in It for B2B Marketers?
The good news for B2B marketers just keeps getting better in our new LinkedIn Ads Benchmark Report Q3. Our clients’ overall costs per click and costs per click for LinkedIn Direct Sponsored Content Ads have reached an all-time low. Despite getting the majority of clicks from mobile devices, conversion rates from Direct Sponsored Content were also at record-high levels.
LinkedIn Ads Benchmark Report Highlights
Other highlights from this quarter’s results include:
- LinkedIn Ads Self-Serve results for our clients’ costs per click and click-through rates
- How mobile consumption of LinkedIn will impact the ability to get ad impressions and clicks on LinkedIn’s desktop-only Self-Serve ads
- Identifying a “good” click-through rate on LinkedIn Direct Sponsored Content
- Percentage of our clients’ LinkedIn Direct Sponsored Content from mobile devices (hint: social ads really are mobile ads these days)
- Super-simple landing page “trick” used to improve our Direct Sponsored Content mobile conversion rate by 60%
- The demographic targeting option (out of LinkedIn’s many targeting options) that was the common thread in all of our best-performing campaigns
- How “layering” targeting options, rather than isolating targeting options, yields the best results
- How LinkedIn Ads are a content marketer’s dream platform for delivering content downloads